gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] Trimble Res 360

From: robert livingston
Subject: [gpsd-users] Trimble Res 360
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 10:59:33 -0700

Trimble has discontinued the Resolution T receiver and replaced it with the Res 360. The Resolution T works flawlessly with GPSD 3.6 and 3.9 on Debian wheezy.

The Res 360 factory settings are TSIP, GPS-Glonass, at 11520 8O1 serial, but GPSD 3.9 does not recognize the TSIP message. I thought that could be a baud rate issue but programming it lower (using the Trimble tools) makes no difference.

Has anyone successfully used the Res SMT 360 with any GPSD release? A test of the Res SMT 360 with GPSD 3.16 running on Debian jessie results in a socket bind error. After seeing a post for the same problem (but on an RPi), I rebuilt GPSD 3.16 from source but the socket error is still the same.

Thanks for any insight.