gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] [time-nuts] does anybody have software for the DeLorme

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] [time-nuts] does anybody have software for the DeLorme LT-20 Earthmate?
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2016 14:28:06 -0700

Yo walter!

On Mon, 6 Jun 2016 14:14:12 -0700
walter shawlee 2 <address@hidden> wrote:

> gary,
>
> actually all the delorme forum stuff is not much help (been there
> already), no links are still active, and everybody says *you need the
> serial emulator*, which no longer exists anywhere I can find.

Uh, no.  The link I sent specifically said gpsd works fine and specifically
said how to put the LT-20 in NMEA mode.  Pretty much what you need.

>  if I
> could get that to work, I'd be done already. Every single link to it
> has disappeared.

All you need is to install gpsd: i
        $ su -
        # apt-get install gpsd gpsd-clients

To run it:
        # gpsd -n /dev/ttyUSB0
        # sleep 30
        # cpgs

> I unpacked the gpsd archive, but I just don't see how to use it, I
> have no idea how to compile it to be a linux executable in my version
> of Ubuntu. sigh.

Try the apt-get first.  To see if you like it.

If you like it the gpsd tar ball has a file called INSTALL that
tells you how to install gpsd.

In essence, get root, untar the file, cd into the gpsd scource
directory, then:
        # scons --config=force qt=no && scons install && ldconfig

Pretty simple.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588