gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] default port?

From: Ben Barker
Subject: [gpsd-users] default port?
Date: Sun, 8 May 2016 22:27:59 +0100

Apologies for what I am almost certain must be a very simple query, but I have not yet managed to find a solution...

I have gpsd tunning on a raspberryPi, which itself is running raspBian Jessie

All seems fine, but I am struggling to chage the port on which gpsd listens

From the command line I can dfo this fine, using:

gpsd -N -S <port>

However, when starting  as a daemon the port is always 2947

I have tried adding:

GPSD_OPTIONS="-S xxxx"

To the file /etc/default/gpsd

But this does not seem to have any effect. The value set here makes its way to the init.d script, but the daemon still listens on its default port.

What am I missing?