gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Novatel SPAN-CPT

From: Roger Oberholtzer
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Novatel SPAN-CPT
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 08:06:57 +0000

From: Burton, John address@hidden

> Thank you for the information! The Novatel SPAN-CPT does appear to be able to produce the PASHR NMEA record, so that is good. Do you know if there is a list available of what NMEA records / sentences GPSD can accpet and parse? If so, where can I find it?

Maybe http://www.catb.org/gpsd/NMEA.html. But I am unsure if this is a list of parsed sentences ot just a list of generally known NMEA sentences. I do know that if you have debugging turned on when running gpsd it will list something when it encounters a record that is not parsed.

In our use, the PASHR record is accessed from gpsd via the raw NMEA stream. I don't know where else the information it contains might be provided by gpsd as we are happy with it in the NMEA stream.

Roger Oberholtzer

RST Systems

Office: +46 (0)10-615 6020
Mobile: +46 (0)70-815 1696