gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] Cannot get data from daemon

From: Gabi Kelemen
Subject: [gpsd-users] Cannot get data from daemon
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 07:26:50 +0000

Hi,

I’m using gpsd 3.9 on an ARM embedded system.

My GPS is embedded on Cinterion PHS8 module.

I open the gpsd with: gpsd /dev/ttyUSB1 –n.

When I use ‘top’ cmd, it seems that it is opened correctly with SYS privileges.

I use gps_stream() only with JSON flag.

In order to perform the reading I use gps_waiting() with 50 seconds and then gps_read().

The problem is that I can’t read any data although I can see the data when I ‘cat /dev/ttyUSB1’.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you,

Gabi.

This electronic message, including attachments, is intended only for the use of the individual or company named above or to which it is addressed. The information contained in this message shall be considered confidential and proprietary, and may include confidential work product. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any unauthorized use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and deleting this email immediately.