gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] ntpd with gpsd syncronization

From: Yakov Shmulevich
Subject: [gpsd-users] ntpd with gpsd syncronization
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 06:25:46 -0000

Hello All,

I have an USB GPS receiver with 1PPS wired to DCD_IN and I want to configure CentOs ntpd to use this module.
In accordance with gpsd documentation I need to edit /etc/ntp.conf  with addition of follow lines:
server 127.127.28.0
fudge 127.127.28.0 time1 0.420 refid GPS
server 127.127.28.1 prefer
fudge 127.127.28.1 refid GPS1
Please, help me to understand the "time1" parameter.
How I should define this value? How it influence on NTP time accuracy?
As I understand the such GPS receiver give 1ms accuracy. What will be the NTP time accuracy in this case?
Help would be much appreciated...

Thanks