gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] Fw: gps puck supported ?

From: Charles Curley
Subject: [gpsd-users] Fw: gps puck supported ?
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 09:23:59 -0600

Forwarding to the list, so others can help, and to capture the reply.

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 06:51:44 -0700
From: oystercatcher <address@hidden>
To: Charles Curley <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] gps puck supported ?

I   should mention that I   tested the above gps  on  fedora  18
and although there were issues with   locking on satellites
it did  pass data.   On fedora 18 though I had to start  gpsd manually
for some reason, possibly  an issue with udev  rules.

At this point I have moved on to fedora 19.   I saw the error msg
in /var/log/messages  after which the gps stop sending data.

Caveat:   Fedora 19  is alpha software and there are a variety of
errors at this point but I will continue testing until  f19 is released.

I also have a garmin montana which works on fedora 18  have not
tested it on  f19 but will get to it  shortly.