gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] gps puck supported ?

From: Charles Curley
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] gps puck supported ?
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 11:00:14 -0600

On Sun, 21 Apr 2013 08:18:34 -0700
oystercatcher <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have a  a  gps  puck  that I have been testing  on  recent versions
> of  fedora 19  with  gpsd  version   per   yum   3.8-1.fc19
>
> model  no.   BU-353S4      G-Star IV

I take it you mean
http://www.usglobalsat.com/p-688-bu-353-s4.aspx#images/product/large/688.jpg

I have an ancestor of this, the Globalsat BU-353, and it works just
fine with gpsd. I do not see the BU-353S4 on the gpsd hardware page,
but that may simply mean no-one has gotten around to testing it.
http://catb.org/gpsd/hardware.html

BTW, a report for this page would be welcome, once you get this issue
sorted out.

> I know this gps  is  somewhat new but  on   f19  the gps  fails
>
> with an odd message   mid2  data  negative.

Where do you see this message?