gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] PPS MID 52 (0x34) working?

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] PPS MID 52 (0x34) working?
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 15:58:45 -0700

Yo Alexander!

On Tue, 05 Jun 2012 15:31:46 -0700
Alexander Carver <address@hidden> wrote:

> > If you have a lot of time to spend on it see if you can improve it,
> > but many have already tried.
>
> I did specify the speed earlier but I'm running SiRF binary (not
> NMEA) at 38,400.  The GPS is emitting five messages every second plus
> two additional messages every couple minutes.  The entire set of
> messages fits inside one second although the position relative to the
> PPS pulse edge does move a little when those once per two minute
> messages show up (mainly the sky list).

Sorry, obviously you are on SiRF binary to get the MID 52.  But just
because it is bianry does not mean that it is all fixed length.

And what are those 2 messages?  If we can turn them off, without losing
something else, then that would help.  Otherwise an ugly hack would be
to ignore the MID 52 if we can determine that it is not the first in the
current second.  Unlikely we can get the vendor to fix it, and if we
could there would still be a bunch of bad units in the field.

> NetBSD zs8530tty.c or zs.c sparc sun4c architecture

Ah, yes, you did mention you were on NetBSD, don't have a copy here.
Does the driver support ioctl(TIOCMWAIT)?

Since you are on BSD, I think ckeuthe prefers his PPS to go directly
to the kernel.  Not sure how *BSD does that.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588