gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] Installing gpsd on OSX Lion (10.7.3)

From: Roderick Stewart
Subject: [gpsd-users] Installing gpsd on OSX Lion (10.7.3)
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 15:43:10 -0400

I can't find any information about installing gpsd on a mac running OSX Lion
10.7.3.

I tried installing using macports (sudo port install gpsd +libusb), but it will
not run and gives the following message:

bash> gpsd -N
dyld: Library not loaded: libgpsd.20.0.0.dylib
  Referenced from: /opt/local/sbin/gpsd
  Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap: 5

Any help on the approach, or an alternative approach, would be very welcome.

--
Roderick Stewart
SRC, UWI, St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago