gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] xgps, gpsmon

From: anthemousios xrysantuos
Subject: [gpsd-users] xgps, gpsmon
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 15:33:37 +0300

Hi, I use UBUNTU 11.10. I am trying to connect a GPS to a USB port of my laptop. I have installed gpsd demon. When I use the command gpsmon /dev/ttyUSB0 it works and I can see the results and all data coming from my GPS. But when I try to use the command xgps /dev/ttyUSB0 I get the response gpsd is not running. Additionally when I try to use GpsDrive, FoxtrtotGps and other applications that are supposed to use GPS, it seems that no GPS data are read from my GPS.

Can any body help?