gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] Power saving

From: Qingjun Wei
Subject: [gpsd-users] Power saving
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 10:07:01 -0400

Hello,
I am going to use gpsd on an embedded system that requires accurate and reliable timestamp. The system also has certain constraints in term of power consumption.
I found the power consumption of GPS antenna is too high for my specification. It is OK however to turn it on occasionally to re-caliber the system time, e.g. once per hour, in order to system system power.
I am wondering if gpsd and automatically handle that while still working with NTPd. For example, if I only turn on gps power for every power, will GPSd still be able to correct the NTPd time during that small time window?

Thanks a lot
QW