gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] Linux based socket server/repeater

From: Matt Elias
Subject: [gpsd-users] Linux based socket server/repeater
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 11:16:49 -0600

I have not used gpsd, I have been reading the messages here lately and gpsd may not be quite what I'm looking for. I would like to transmit a rtk correction signal via my computer data network. Does anyone know of a linux based network/socket server or repeater program? My plan is to connect a ethernet serial server to the base station that is outputting the rtk correction data and have a program connect to it as a socket client and then repeat that signal as a socket server to all incoming socket connections. It would need to handle up to a dozen clients. I have played around with writing socket connector programs but if there already exists such then I don't need to trouble shoot it nearly as much. Maybe gpsd can be configured to do this....

Thanks,
Matt