gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Earthmate and the Zodiac Driver

From: Derrick Brashear
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Earthmate and the Zodiac Driver
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 14:36:02 -0500

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 2:00 PM, Eric S. Raymond <address@hidden> wrote:
> Derrick Brashear <address@hidden>:
>> All that said, a simple actual raw capture should make it obvious and
>> make a real test possible, because otherwise the
>> next time the state machine changes this is going to happen again.
>
> I'm going to leave it to you to write the test, then.  You understand
> the problem better than I do, and I'm backed up three projects deep -
> which is why I didn't answer GPSD mail for a month.  I'll try to keep
> that from happening again.

When I get the actual data I will get a perl script to emulate an
earthmate, at least. Knowing nothing about scons,
I have no clue how to integrate it, and ideally someone who is neither
you nor me who does might take it up; While
I find autoconf and make wretched, I could at least give you a patch for those.

--
Derrick