gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] gpsd fails with Illegal instruction on old Intel CPU

From: Charles Curley
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] gpsd fails with Illegal instruction on old Intel CPU
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 17:14:40 -0700

On Thu, 29 Dec 2011 17:02:27 -0700
Charles Curley <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Dec 2011 00:38:31 +0100
> Klaus Klein <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Am 30.12.2011 00:33, schrieb Klaus Klein:
> > > gpsd:ERROR: can't bind to IPv6 port gpsd, Cannot assign requested
> > > address
> >
> > Also, as IPv6 is disabled on this system, how could I prevent gpsd
> > to bind to the IPv6 port?
>
> Compile without ipv6 support.
>
> scons ipv6=False

Sorry, you are working with a package.

Given the "no configuration" design of gpsd, the answer is probably, no.

It looks to me like gpsd probes for an ipv6 socket, doesn't find one,
and gives up on ipv6, but continues on with ipv4. That sounds to me like
the right thing to do.

Once you solve the illegal instruction issue, see if one or more of the
gpsd clients work correctly, presumably using ipv4. That should be
debian package "gpsd-clients".