gpsd-dev

Re: Two patches for ppscheck that fix behavior of -x, --seconds option

From: James Browning
Subject: Re: Two patches for ppscheck that fix behavior of -x, --seconds option
Date: Fri, 17 May 2024 13:13:25 -0700

On Fri, 17 May 2024, at 12:39 PM, Gary E. Miller <gem@rellim.com> wrote:

> Yo James!
>
> Lost me.  Your point?
>
> On Fri, 17 May 2024 08:00:00 -0700
> James Browning <jamesb.fe80@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > OT: File under taking enough rope...
> >
> > ```console
> > $ buildtmp/clients/ppscheck "" /dev/pps0
> > ERROR: can't run with no device specified
:::snip:::

Having triggered the bug, I deserved it.

It's an interesting bug, easy to trigger intentionally, and it's
probably nearly impossible to trigger accidentally.

If ppscheck encounters an empty argument before an acceptable
device path, it throws that. Ideally, it would have been written
differently. It is probably very low on the list of things to fix.