gpsd-dev

Virtual Reference Stations (Was Re: gpsprof: higher resolution)

From: John Ackermann N8UR
Subject: Virtual Reference Stations (Was Re: gpsprof: higher resolution)
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2020 15:08:25 -0400

On 8/16/20 7:19 PM, Gary E. Miller wrote:

That's one reason why I'm interested in trying the ODOT reference
network in the hope that they will provide correctsions for GLONASS
as well as GPS.

ODOT does GLONASS, but only in a "virtual" ntrip that gpsd does not
understand and no one can show me what messages are required.

Just a follow-up information point:

I got a login to the Ohio DOT virtual reference station network, which uses the Trimble VRS system. It appears the only unique requirement is that the rover needs to send an NMEA GGA sentence to provide an estimated location used to construct the virtual reference station location. Other than that, the traffic flow is all outbound from the network to the rover. (I don't know if it needs just a single GGA sentence at login, or at some interval.)

John