gpsd-dev

Re: ubxtool port?

From: John Ackermann N8UR
Subject: Re: ubxtool port?
Date: Wed, 6 May 2020 15:25:35 -0400

On 5/6/20 3:13 PM, Gary E. Miller wrote:

>> Ah, that may be it, then -- I was running through gpsd and I wasn't
>> specifying port.  What is the format for the -i?  "USB", "UART",
>> "UART1", etc.?  And what is the default?  (Neither is mentioned in the
>> manpage.)
>
> The ZED-F9P doc is over 270 pages.  No room to fir that in the ubxtool
> mand page.
>
> You need to look at the u-blox doc for the decimal and hex values to use.

OK, knowing its decimal or hex is a good start; I naively would have
thought it would be a name like "USB" (but it's fine that it's not).

If the default is indeed "current port" then that solves my problem and
I shouldn't need to worry about specifying.

My copies of the interface and integration documents are very well
electronically thumbed by now...

Thanks,
John