gpsd-dev

Re: F9* and GLONASS

From: Fred Wright
Subject: Re: F9* and GLONASS
Date: Wed, 6 May 2020 11:35:27 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 6 May 2020, John Ackermann N8UR wrote:

I'm getting strange results trying to enable GLONASS using ubxtool.

Transcript below, but in summary:

sending -e GLONASS to the F9P sends a message to enable L1, but a
following poll does not show GLONASS is still disabled.

sending -e GLONASS to the F9T sends a message to enable L1, and a
following poll shows that GLONASS L1 is enabled, but not L2.

So... is there a reason to enable only L1 and not L2, and is there a
reason why the command works on the F9T to enable L1, but not on the F9P?

Could the difference be related to my earlier question, i.e. the F9T is
using the ASYNC port via a USB converter, while the F9P is using its own
USB port?

The CFG-GNSS stuff isn't per-port, so probably not. Be sure you specify the protocol version with -P, since ubxtool is widely insistent on knowing it.

Fred Wright