gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] [gpsd-users] Warnings from 32 bit FreeBSD

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] [gpsd-users] Warnings from 32 bit FreeBSD
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2019 16:49:27 -0400

"Gary E. Miller" <address@hidden> writes:

> For some reason split(string) can return a mix of byte strings and char
> strings with Python 3.
>
> Fixed in commit f8dc04ff
>
> Now works with both Python 2 and 3.

Great, thanks.

It gets much further now:

tar: unknown option -- transform
usage: tar [-]{crtux}[-befhjklmopqvwzHJOPSXZ014578] [archive] [blocksize]
           [-C directory] [-T file] [-s replstr] [file ...]
scons: *** [dist] Error 1

Besides of course limiting options to posix, another approach would be
to document a requirement for GNU tar and find it via cmake (gtar is a
pretty good guess on BSD systems), or take an environment variable TAR.

Actually I guess posix specifies pax, not tar, and the format is ustar:
  https://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/utilities/pax.html

With @tar changed to @gtar, I get a tarball that looks good at first
glance.  I'll see about building it within pkgsrc soon.