gpaint-develop

Re: [Gpaint-develop] gpaint 0.3.0 pre5

From: Michael A. Meffie III
Subject: Re: [Gpaint-develop] gpaint 0.3.0 pre5
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 18:25:27 -0500

Alan Horkan wrote:

> I previously unsuccessfully made suggestions on changing the menu layout
>
> I have taken the glade file provided in the gpaint-2-0.3.0-pre5 tarball
> and made some changes using a copy of Glade 2.6.8 and put them on the web.
>
> http://www.maths.tcd.ie/~horkana/gpaint/
> http://www.maths.tcd.ie/~horkana/gpaint/gpaint.glade

Thank you Alan. I'll check them into the cvs.

> Having previously had problems with the lack of Undo in Glade and messing
> up comlicated changed I kept my changes very simple this time.
>
> I moved the Effects into a top level menu.  I used the mnemonic _t
> Effec_ts rather than _c so that it would be similar to Adobe Photoshop
> which uses Fil_ters.
>
> I also moved Flip and rotate out of submenus directly into the Image menu
> and added keybindings.
>
> ---
> Rotate Right             Ctrl+R
> Rotate Left        Shift+Ctrl+R
> ---
> Flip Left to Right       Ctrl+M
> Flip Top to Bottom Shift+Ctrl+M
>

> I used the keybinding R for Rotate.
>
> I considered using F for Flip but the GIMP uses Ctrl+F for repeate Filter
> (Effect) which is something that gpaint might want to be consistant with
> at some point in the future so I used M for Mirror instead.  The GIMP
> uses M for Merge Layers, something I dont ever expect gpaint to have).
>
> I'm hoping this time you will be able to make use of my changes.
> (Ideally before version 3.0 but I dont mind waiting.)

Well, I'm still waiting on the gnu people before we upload on the gnu ftp
server, so we can make changes until then. My main concern is bug fixes for
before we uplaod version 0.3.0.

Have you had a chance to test drive version 0.3-pre5?

> If this works out I hope to change the new Image dialog, to use adjustment
> widgets, standard button layout and maybe other minor changes.
>
> If/When gpaint starts using GTK 2.6 I'd like to use the new standard GTK
> About dialog (but I dont suppose that's relevant).

Yes, those improvements would be appreciated.

Mike --