gpaint-develop

Re: [Gpaint-develop] pre 0.2.4 release

From: Goedson Teixeira Paixao
Subject: Re: [Gpaint-develop] pre 0.2.4 release
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 10:41:52 -0200

Em Dom, 2004-11-21 às 23:37 -0500, Michael A. Meffie III escreveu:
> Hello,
>
> Since Alan's posts to the list, I've been more motivated to work on gpaint :)
>
> I have fixed a number of things  and committed them into cvs. I have not
> tagged this
> yet, but after some testing, I would like to have a 0.2.4 version released.
> This version uses
> the new code structure that I did in the gnome-1 development tree. The main
> idea was to
> move Andy's code out of the image_buf.c and util.c into various modules for
> each drawing tool
> type.
>
> The code is available in cvs. To check it out you can use the following
> commands:
>
>    export CVS_RSH="ssh"
>    cvs -z3 -d:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/gpaint co gpaint
>
> Also, I have put a tar file on my personal home site:
>
>    http://home.neo.rr.com/meffie/gpaint/
>
> Please let me know if you can build this pre-release and if you find any
> problems.

I've downloaded it and it compiled correctly in my Debian SID system. It
also seems to work all right. As Alan said, there are some patches that
I think should be applied before the next release.

By reviewing the patches I submitted, I identified the following that
are missing from your tarball:

#804 - Adds pt_BR translation
#943 - Fixes Glib warning when creating window
#964 - Fixes window close handling (offer to save when there are unsaved
       changes)
#1666 - Open file in new window when there are unsaved changes

They may not apply cleanly to the 0.2.4 tarball (I know at least one of
the failed to apply when I tried to build a Debian package). I'll try to
update them so they apply cleanly to the current sources.

Regards,
Goedson