gpaint-develop

Re: [Gpaint-develop] pre 0.2.4 release

From: Michael A. Meffie III
Subject: Re: [Gpaint-develop] pre 0.2.4 release
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 19:10:44 -0500

Rethinking this, it would be more appropriate to call this a pre-0.3.0 release,
since the code structure is different than 0.2.3. Patches against 0.2.3 would
not
work with this new structure, even though the features should be the same and
the
ui should be the same.

> I'm assuming you haven't touched and attempted to make a proper patch from
> my crude changes to the menu structure?  If so I'll try and make a proper
> patch out of it myself as I have made one or two minor UI changes since (a
> button order chagne and something else I cannot remember what).

Did you use glade to make your ui changes? Up till now we have been using glade
(and now glade-2) for the ui layout.  Glade can be nice, but it also can be
fussy. Perhaps now is the time to move away from glade.  Comments?

> > Time to dust off the TODO list. :)
>
> if it can be easily done without causing instability I'd like to allow a
> greater range of line sizes.

That would be a nice feature.

> I think I saw some outstanding patches in the Savannah bug tracker that it
> would be nice to include in any new release.

I'll have to take a look.

> P.S. My mini possible todo list might inlcude:
> my user interface changes.
> replacing the icons, but I fear that to do it properly I've been meaning
> require implementing the freedesktop.org icon spec.
> standard about dialog, the new GtkAbout dialog (a lot like the Gnome
> About dialog) will probably be ready before I am though.

All sounds great. Esp the new icons.

Mike --