gpaint-develop

[Gpaint-develop] gnome 1 branch update

From: Michael A. Meffie III
Subject: [Gpaint-develop] gnome 1 branch update
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 19:34:34 -0500

The gnome-1 branch is finally, finally, finally feature complete compared
to the gpaint 0.2.2 version.  I've tagged this in cvs as gpaint_giotto_pre3.

The pre3 version has all the same features as 0.2.2 (as nearly I know).
The only visible difference is the addition of a "Window" menu item
on the menu bar.  I added this to create new windows, instead of using
the older File/New menu item.  (I noticed people would be surprised
when the File/New created a new window, when most programs create a
blank file.)  Now the File/New creates a new blank drawing in the same window.

Also, I made some improvements in selecting the background color using the
color palette at the bottom of the window.

I plan to test and make corrections for the time being before I make any
other changes or add any new features. Then it will be time to dust off
the TODO and to port the features that Goedson has made in the Debian
release.

Mike --