gpaint-develop

[Gpaint-develop] minor changes

From: Michael A. Meffie III
Subject: [Gpaint-develop] minor changes
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 20:48:30 -0500

Hi Andy,

Yesterday, I committed a 2 minor changes.

image_buf.c: I set the size of the main window based on the size of the
new image, but limited to the default 640x480 image. I did this because
the main window was always too small when the application started. It
resized to the size of the docked tool bars. A nice side effect is that
the application seems to look smoother when it first starts.

ui.c: I removed a line that set the position of the main window to the
current mouse position. So the application window is now positioned by
the window manager. I had to do this, because my users (ie. my kids)
start the application from an icon at the bottom of the screen, which
caused most of the application to be offscreen. Now when the application
starts, it is entirely on the desktop.

With these changes, plus the fix to set the image to white on application
load, the kids can "test" the gpaint without my intervention.

I just made another change that I would like to commit. In util.c I
changed the gc function to invert the gc instead of xor. This fixed
a problem in which the shapes (rectangle, ovals, etc) are invisible
while drawing black shapes on a white background. I think the shape
drawing looks better too.

I would like to try to chase down as many as these minor things as
possible to get gpaint to the point where it looks and works really
well. I'm starting to understand the code more and more, and it helps
in learning the gtk/gdk libs.

Oh, and I did a cvs update and got the new toolbar icons.

Thanks,
Mike

--
Michael A. Meffie III         http://home.neo.rr.com/meffie
If you're not part of the solution, then you're part of