gomp-discuss

Re: [Gomp-discuss] Start of an OpenMP Implementation Spec

From: Ross Towle
Subject: Re: [Gomp-discuss] Start of an OpenMP Implementation Spec
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 18:45:43 -0700

> 3) Just of curiosity: Why have you chosen to put the par_cond test
> in _OMP_MasterFunction. Why not check in the caller function and avoid
> the overhead of calling _OMP_MasterFunction ??? I am probably missing
> a good point.

The par_cond test is to see if the parallel region is executed with
one thread (if false)
or more than one thread (if true).   The parallel region will be
executed in either case.

If the test is moved to the user code then the user code needs to have
all of the
code to call the the outlined code.  Leads to code bloat.  Little
performance gain.

-Ross