gomp-discuss

Re: [Gomp-discuss] Profiling.

From: Lars Segerlund
Subject: Re: [Gomp-discuss] Profiling.
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 08:10:57 +0200

It might be cpu dependent, as there are counters for the number of executed fops on some cpu's and not on other. This is obviously the best solution.

If this is lacking, it is possible to generate breakpoints, ( stubs ), and count the instructions in the asm ( well not realy but you know what i mean ), and use this timings to get an accurate count. Or to implement a fops counter which is increased at strategical points.

 / Lars Segerlund.

Biagio Lucini wrote:
Hi Lars - Thank you for reviving this mailing list :-)