gomd-devel

Re: [gomd-devel] <DISTRO> gomd startup

From: Matthias Rechenburg
Subject: Re: [gomd-devel] <DISTRO> gomd startup
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 22:02:55 +0200

Hi JP,

On Samstag 20 September 2003 21:13, Gian Paolo Ghilardi wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> Before the beta phase we need to define the gomd startup for perfect use
> with distro like clusterKnoppix and Quantian.
>
> If the autodisc wrote a file with the found openMosix nodes, gomd could use
> it instead of starting its own autodiscovery facility.

mhmm, i would prefer to have this as an independent feature.

> This is the idea.
> 1)omdiscd searches for other oM nodes and writes a cache file (a list of
> remote node ips) => maybe it does that already... ;)

nope, you have this feature already in /proc/hpc/nodes
and if we are using gomd autodiscovery it should "find"
gomd-nodes and not all openMosix nodes.
(just my mind)

> 2)gomd "pings" the nodes and gets the oM node id
> 3)gomd updates the internal knownGomdsMap (C++ STL map).
> 4)gomd can work.
>
> I need comments.
> Who is omdisc's author and how can we contact him for this request?

.SH AUTHOR
the auto-discovery daemon was coded by Louis Zechter
.br
man page created by Matt Rechenburg <address@hidden>

hehehe
anyways i do not like to change openMosix code for
that or depend on the omdiscd.
What about if the user is still using an map-file instead
of the (much better) openMosix autodiscovery ?

> <rejected>

all the best,

Matt
.... as usual just my mind ;)
--
E-mail  :  address@hidden
www     : http://www.openmosixview.com

If debugging is the process of removing bugs, then
programming must be the process of putting them in.