gomd-devel

[gomd-devel] Re: <DAEMON> error codes cleanups => new available info

From: Matthias Rechenburg
Subject: [gomd-devel] Re: <DAEMON> error codes cleanups => new available info
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 12:14:50 +0200

Hi again,

On Samstag 23 August 2003 01:00, Gian Paolo Ghilardi wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I'm cleaning up the code => fixed up the gomd error codes.
> Now we have error codes instead of long error strings (difficult to
> parse)...
>
> They are defined in constants.h file.
> I've added a new "get errorcodes/ec/102" option to show a brief description
> for users. :)
>
> Please notice this change seems not to break anithing (I hope).... ;)

hehehe

> BTW: as this Monday I'll go on vacation ('till September, the 4th), the
> beta, scheduled for late August, will be posponed to September... Sorry...
>
> :)))

no prob at all, take your time and enjoy the vacation :)))
I also like the idea to have a "big coming out" with
Johnny's new 3dmosmon. What do you think ?

> During my vacation, Matt will be the gomd guru (please,   bugs & hints &
> advices => Matt). :)

hehehe, yep :))

> Thanks to Matt (for getting this job) and to other developers and bug
> hunters for their great help.

thx from me too. testing and bughunting is a serious work.
In most cases (from my experience) the actuall fix is quite
simply but you have to find the error first.  ;)

> Byez.
>
> PS: tantive signaled a bug on gomd site (on Savannah) => lib can be
> installed only by root => I'll fix this ASAP... :)
>
> <rejected>
>
> << CVS NOTES >>
>
> IN connHandler.h/connHandler.cpp
> (+) added new showErrorCodes() function for the new option "get
> errorcodes/ec/102"
>
> IN constants.h
> (+) added error codes
>
> IN omInfo.cpp/utils.cpp/gomdSearcher.cpp
> (+) using the new error codes defined in constants.h
>
> IN supported_cmds
> (+) added new available option: "get errorcodes/ec/102"

cheers,

Matt
--
E-mail  :  address@hidden
www     : http://www.openmosixview.com

The important thing is not to stop questioning.