gomd-devel

Re: [gomd-devel] ... future plans ;)

From: Mirko Caserta
Subject: Re: [gomd-devel] ... future plans ;)
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 10:46:14 +0200

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 08:48:29 +0200
address@hidden (Matthias Rechenburg) wrote:

> you are right ....... but not everyone is using gentoo (which makes
> installing really easy).

Well, I do use Gentoo on my laptop, but I bet no one is really interested in
this ;)

> The less deps the more easy it will be for our
> users and if users
> cannot compile it at the first try you will loose about 50% of them i guess
> ;) If we can get the same informations without libgtop then let's remove it
> (as JP suggested)

You're right. But, at the same time, might I say: let's try not to reinvent
the wheel?

I'm quite sure there are rpms and debs around for libgtop. After all, isn't it
supposed to come with any rpm distribution which supports Gnome? (And which
one doesn't?)

Let's not forget openMosix is not targeted at the desktop user and the avarage
sysadm should be able to cope with something like:

# rpm -Uvh libgtop-xxx.rpm

Yeah, I know it's easy to speak out and don't even write a line of code, I
know. Well, this is just my suggestion. Take it as such.

Ciao, Mirko.