gomd-devel

Re: [gomd-devel] <DAEMON AND LIB> preliminarcluster-wideclusterSnapshot

From: Matthias Rechenburg
Subject: Re: [gomd-devel] <DAEMON AND LIB> preliminarcluster-wideclusterSnapshot in CVS
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 11:14:46 +0200

Ciao JP,

On Samstag 16 August 2003 00:32, Gian Paolo Ghilardi wrote:
> Hi Matt.
>
> Ops.. I forgot the answers... :)))

;) ... you did not hehehe

> > and ...
> > address@hidden root]# /etc/init.d/gomd start
> > Starting gomd: found configfile /etc/gomd.conf
> > <INFO> generic openMosix daemon was started
> > address@hidden root]# <INFO> Binding port 9889 on host 10.100.0.1
> > <ACL RULEBOOK>: Opening file: #etc/acl.conf#
> > <ERROR> opening file<ACL RULEBOOK>: File is empty.
> >
> > mhmm, the /etc/acl.conf is there but cannot be opened ok !?
> >
> > <ACL RULEBOOK>: Inserting a new rule (allow all).
> > <ACL RULEBOOK>: Map filled...
> > <ACL RULEBOOK>: Map contents...
> > -> ANY_IP:ACL_FULL_CONTROL
> >
> > ;) cheated FULL_CONTROL in the source and re-compiled
>
> Gomd reads the file at startup => recompilation is not necessary... :)

yep, i assumed that too but i inserted new rulez to set FULL_CONTROL to
all my nodes but anyways i got a reject ....

> > <ACL RULEBOOK>: Opening file: #etc/acl.conf#
> > <ERROR> opening file<ACL RULEBOOK>: File is empty.

... the file could not be opened ok and there is a /etc/acl.conf on my nodes.

> > <CS COLL> initialiazing...
> > <CS COLL> try reading known gomds cache file...
> > <ERROR> opening file<CS COLL> no known gomds => starting autodiscovery...
> >
> > open file error again ?
>
> First time you run gomd, there is no known gomds cache file, so the program
> starts autodiscovery... ;)
> In the new code, sen tto you in previous mail the autodiscovery is not
> started at godmn startup.
>
> To start it, the option is:
> start autodiscovery/ad/100

ah, good :)

> You can invoke autodiscovery (if needed) also calling the new option for
> csCollector:
> start cscollector/cs/101 => this will produce the cs_snapshot.html file in
> daemon directory (check constants.h to change the filepath).
>
> > <GOMD SEARCHER> Starting search...
> > <GSEARCH>: searching for other gomds...
> > <GSEARCH>: local subnet: 10.100.0.x
> > <INFO> Handling a new connection for a client
> > <NETCODE> Accepting from:10.100.0.1
> > <INFO> New connHandler created!
> > <INFO> Total number of handled conns: 1
> >   - Trying IP: 10.100.0.1 -> gomd found!
> > <ERROR> Connection closed by remote host.
> > <ERROR> (ClusterSnapshot request executed.)
> > <CONN HANDLER> closing connection to 10.100.0.1.
> >   - Trying IP: 10.100.0.2 -> gomd found!
> >   - Trying IP: 10.100.0.3 -> gomd found!
> > <GSEARCH>: remote gomd daemons found: 3
> > <ERROR> opening file<CS COLL> no known gomd found by autodiscovery!!!
> >
> > what am i missing here ?
>
> Ops... My error.
> In daemon/constants.h, please modify GOMD_SEARCHER_IP_TO_PING => this is
> the max ip to search for.
> As it is set to 4, itsearches only for the first 3 IP in local subnet.
>
> So, if the local subnet is 10.100.0.X, it will search for 10.100.0.1 =>
> 10.100.0.2 =>  10.100.0.3. Ok?
> Set the limit as you want (maybe 5... :) )... :)

ok, no prob, i guessed it was something like that.

> > > BTW: we're reaching the first public beta release.
> >
> > yep, it looks very good.
> >
> :)
> :
> > > I'll be away from Aug 25 to 3/4 Sept (vacation).
> > > During that period, I'd like someone becoming a sort of beta-testers'
> > > master (for CVS commiting/quality checking/...).
> > > Is there anybody for this role? ;)))
> >
> > oh, i will test as much as possible, really busy at work ;)
>
> Thanks a google, Matt :)
>
> CU.
>
> <rejected>

all the best,

Matt
... will test the new sources you sent me for the time
you have this permission error on the cvs.
--
E-mail  :  address@hidden
www     : http://www.openmosixview.com

The sky is not the limit, the ground is.