gomd-devel

[gomd-devel] <DAEMON> ACL support: 80% done

From: Gian Paolo Ghilardi
Subject: [gomd-devel] <DAEMON> ACL support: 80% done
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 23:03:03 +0200

Hi all.

New CVS update.
Thanks to Roel "roeles" Baardman for helping me as bug hunter and
"dep-killer" (libxml2 is out!).
Please test this code: ACL verification is _only_ shown in shell. No action
is actually performed after this check (testing phase).

I'm also investigating the problem signaled me by roeles.
(Preliminar checks on my machines revelead no prob. More checks are W.I.P.).

Please test the code. (remember to see/edit daemon/etc/acl.conf as you want)
;)

Byez.

<rejected>

<CVS NOTES>

NEW FEATURE: ACL (currently done at 80%)

(N) added new class aclRulebook (files: aclRulebook .h/aclRulebook .cpp)
Purpose is simple: a single aclRulebook object is created in main.cpp so the
map of ACLs is filled just once.
(before this fix, each gomd object opened acl config file to create its own
acl map => ugly! ;) )
This object is passed to every gomd objects so each one can use the
information included in the "shared" global map.

IN aclRulebook.h/aclRulebook .cpp
(+)added functions fillAclMap(), getAclMap(), printAclMap()

IN aclCheck.aclCheck.cpp
(-)removed functions fillAclMap(), getAclMap(), printAclMap()
(N)valid exit codes for validatePermissions() function:
    -2 if verification was negative (ACL_DENY_CONTROL failure)
    -1 if verification was negative (ACL_FULL_CONTROL failure)
    0  if verification was positive

IN README
(+) cosmetics

IN compile.sh
(+) added a note about the use of locate/updatedb

IN main.cpp
(+) added support to ACL files

IN gomd.h/gomd.cpp
(N) ACL verification is _only_ shown in the shell (for testing) not still
used, _really_.
(+) added support to ACL files

IN Makefile.no_libgtop/Makefile.with_libgtop
(-) removed libccext2 in linker flags var (LDFLAGS) because unneeded =>
libxml2 dep was also removed!
Thanks to Roel "roeles" Baardman for helping me.

IN utils.h/utils.cpp
(+) cosmetics
(f) fixed parseSpecialFile(). Now the file is close after using it... ;)

IN etc/acl.conf
(+) added a simple example of ACL_DENY_CONTROL (to test one of my nodes,
192.168.0.2)