gomd-devel

[gomd-devel] <DAEMON> .plan

From: Gian Paolo Ghilardi
Subject: [gomd-devel] <DAEMON> .plan
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 02:09:29 +0200

Hi all.

This is my .plan for the daemon.
Not all features will be made, so I think this plan is "ideal".

SECURITY
- Add ACLs support (yet planned, W.I.P.)
- Add encrypted-conn mode
- Add PAM support

INFOS
- Add /proc/meminfo, kernel version, uptime,... and _all_ system infos
(actually W.I.P.)

DIAGNOSTICS
- ClusterSnapshot (CS) => gomd returns a complete node-by-node situation
with all available diagnostic infos.
- BlackHoleDetection (BHD) =>  gomd can (auto)detect nodes in trouble
(zobies, defunct programs...) or down and signal them
  to admin...

CONFIG
- Loadlimit support
- ...

INTEGRATION
- Get some integration with omdisc daemon.

MISC
- Add comments to the whole project (actually W.I.P.)

Comments and/or ideas?

Byez.

<rejected>