gomd-devel

Re: [gomd-devel] Some excerpts from Matt<->JP IRC chat session

From: Mirko Caserta
Subject: Re: [gomd-devel] Some excerpts from Matt<->JP IRC chat session
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 23:33:44 +0200

On Tue, 20 May 2003 22:57:28 +0200
"Gian Paolo Ghilardi" <address@hidden> wrote:

> MATT: specially the libgomd connection is really serious
> JP: did you see bugs_history file?
> ...snip...

First of all I'm sorry I couldn't join the channel tonite but freenode has a
ban line on my provider's IP addresses so I couldn't connect, no way :/

Btw, didn't we say that gomd2gomd messages should be exchanged via UDP
messages? UDP doesn't need any connection at all. I don't think we can simply
reuse the TCP interface for this. I mean, if we can, let's do it... we wouldn't
have any need for a separate datagram driven message exchange protocol and this
would also mean we reuse the TCP interface code and reduce the "time to market"
;) as well as JP's hard work.

I don't know. I'm just thinking about it. I think Gian Paolo understands the
thing much better than me in terms of "pure code" so I'd ask you: is it more
convenient to reuse the TCP interface for gomd2gomd communication or implement
the UDP thing?

In the meanwhile I'm rebuilding the kernel's rpms and I guess this time they're
the good ones ;)

More news later when I post the rpms to my "super-secret" site ;)

Ciao, Mirko.