gomd-devel

Re: [gomd-devel] Re: more thoughts

From: Matthias Rechenburg
Subject: Re: [gomd-devel] Re: more thoughts
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 08:53:44 +0000

Hi again,

On Donnerstag, 13. Februar 2003 08:40, Mirko Caserta wrote:
> > aaah, great. I was sure that i forgot "something" ;)
> > Thanks for finding and fixing.
>
> You're welcome. You should really say thanks to JP since he pointed me to
> the right howto :)

thanks JP ;)

> btw
>
> I was thinking about avoiding all the problems related to g++ name
> mangling writing the library in pure C. To me it makes more sense writing
> the library in C and using it in the daemon which will be written in c++.

mmhmm, let's discuss it.
If we use pure C for the library only we cannot use e.g. string but
must use *char (this can cause hard to solve bugs easy)
Also we cannot use the commonc++ lib for the libgomd then.

> After all, all libgomd should do is reading some files from the /proc
> interface which probably is not going to need to involve the complexities
> of OOP.

the libgomd should provide functions to get the values from the gomd too.
So it should/will use commonc++ to access the daemon socket and get
values from it.
It will also provide functions for the gomd to read values directly from /proc

> What do you think?
>
> > I am thinking of re-creating the gomd-project manually too.
>
> You're on your own on this field. I've always had a bad relationship with
> autoconf/automake :) By the way you pointed out good thoughts to which I
> agree.

good

> > ...........and for sure we can use both of the manual generated project
> > in every editor or/and kdevelop. e.g. i can/will generate kdeveloper
> > project files for the manual created project.
>
> I agree. Each of us uses his own editor/IDE of choice. For instance, I use

good

> Netbeans which has a quite good c/c++ support. It has a memory footprint
> of about 200MBs but with my 512MB RAM I can afford it :)

hehe

> Ciao, Mirko.

Ciao,

Matt
--
E-mail  :  address@hidden
www     : http://www.openmosixview.com

I think I go insane; a silent virus takes control and puts me on the screen
My memory on empty hole; no one to hear me scream
HIGH TECH, HIGH TECH -- LOW LIFE