gnuzilla-dev

Suggestion for IceCat roadmap

From: Adam Faiz
Subject: Suggestion for IceCat roadmap
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 01:55:43 +0000

Hi everyone,

I think there should be a roadmap of things IceCat needs work on, here's my list:
* Unbundling dependencies and/or providing --with-system-* options for them
- It might not be possible to unbundle all dependencies as not all of them are packaged. Some of them may not be required for IceCat's purposes. Attached are icecat-bundled-deps-list and icecat-bundled-deps-rust which are easy to read lists. - More bundled dependencies might be kept elsewhere, but the files attached list ones under icecat-102.6.0-guix0-preview1/third_party.

* Fixing any other bugs reported
- This one goes without saying, but some bugs are hard to debug.
- I should file a bug report that the IceCat Support link in about:preferences links to https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:IceCat/preferences which doesn't exist.

* Implement feature requests