Re: Broken links

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Broken links
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 12:21:45 -0600

On Apr 22, 2009, at 12:02 PM, MJ Ray wrote:

Pablo Costa <address@hidden> wrote:
I'd like to report about a broken link in the following web page:

 http://www.gnu.org/software/gnustep/developers/

The link text 'Introduction to the Libraries and Tools' delivers a 404:

 http://www.gnu.org/software/gnustep/developers/suite.html

Pablo

Our website is actually at http://www.gnustep.org/developers/
and the link works there.  I'll see if I can do something with
htaccess rules to redirect gnu.org to the main site.

The sites that Pablo refers to are mirrors, so they should work for this as well.  In fact I'm not sure why it works at gnustep.org, as the file mentioned (suite.html) is not in the web CVS repository, so perhaps it's just left over on the gnustep.org site, even though it theoretically should have been removed. There is a file suite.html.shtml in the repository though, which has a server-side include to link in the sidebar.  Seems like a nice idea...