List for coordination of free GNU/Linux distributions

From: Rubén Rodríguez Pérez
Subject: List for coordination of free GNU/Linux distributions
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 20:45:34 +0100 (CET)

Hello, I'm Ruben Rodriguez, a GNU hacker from Spain and also the leader
of the Trisquel GNU/Linux project, a fully free operating system.
I have recently proposed some GNU/FSF friends (including Richard
Stallman, Jose Marchesi, Brett Smith, Danny Clark and others) the
creation of a mailing list where the maintainers of all the free
GNU/Linux distros and the linux-libre project can work together to solve
freedom related issues.

I think that this list can be a good resource for our projects, making
it easy for all of us to track and solve non-free problems. It should be
a nice place to talk about freedom from both ethical and technical
points of view, sharing useful knowledge about non-free threats, and
hopefully also leading us to start new projects.

The list and all related resources (I will request GNU to host a wiki
for the project) will be written in English, and all the documentation
will be released under free licenses. As its main purpose is to become a
tool for the work group, it will be invitation based, and it will
include at least a representative from each of the fully free distros
(as listed in http://www.gnu.org/links/) and the linux-libre team.

I have found your email in your project's website. If you think your
project should join this list, but not through you, please let me know
who should I talk with. Also, if you think another person or project
should be invited, just tell me.

So, if you want to join the list address@hidden, send me a
response with the address you want me to send an invitation to.

Best regards, and happy hacking!
Ruben Rodriguez