Re: GNUstep Site Redesign

From: Stefan Bidigaray
Subject: Re: GNUstep Site Redesign
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 09:56:04 -0500

On Nov 13, 2007 9:16 AM, Jesse Ross <address@hidden> wrote:
First of all, hello! I'm not sure how I got roped into this, but I did a new site design, and am working on converting it to HTML (and PHP) right now. The response overall was quite positive, so we're moving forward with it (as far as I can tell -- I got no one telling me 'no').

Yeah, sorry about that!

I'll start work on rewording/rewriting some of the stuff on the website.  I'll follow the organization put forward below.

Can we decided on what to do about Fred's request on the Developer's section?  I think a menu option called "Developer's Corner" should be added, where we could move the Developer's Blogs to.

I'm still wondering if it's a good idea to keep any news that is not release news on the home page.  I think we can probably move Wiki News, CIA.vc and Planet stuff all into the "News" section and keep only release news on the main page.

- Home Page
 +- Most recent news (release news only)
 +- Screenshot with link to Screenshot Page
 +- Upcomming Events

- Get Started
 +- Overview
 +- Download
 +- Installation Procedure
 +- Tutorials/Documentation (development related stuff)
- Documentation
 +- Links to Wiki
 +- I think on this one we can actually use the current Documentation page but organize a little better
- News
 +- CIA.vc commits (and get rid of Status page)
 +- Planet (I have no idea what this is)
- Developer's Corner
 +- Equivalent to http://gnustep.org/developers
 +- Developer Blogs (I'm still not sure I like this, I'm a little anti-blog)
- Applications
 +- List + screenshots of known Apps
- Support
 +- Mailing Lists