Re: Site Redesign (was: Objective-C 2.0 and other new features in Leopar

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Site Redesign (was: Objective-C 2.0 and other new features in Leopard)
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 17:22:47 -0700

On Nov 11, 2007, at 3:19 PM, Jesse Ross wrote:

Also, now that we're discussing the site redesign, what needs to happen next? Who currently maintains the site? Who is making the final decision about what gets included on the site (particularly the home page)? What server-side software do we have available (PHP would be nice... Python is needed for Planet)? When do we want to try to get this launched? Obviously I'd like to be involved, but it would be nice to have a team of others managing things like updating the API docs, compiling a list of applications and screenshots, and providing text for the pages.

You'd have to talk in particular to Manuel Guesdon <address@hidden> and also address@hidden about what kind of software is on the site and if we can install anything new.

Talk to address@hidden and anyone else who wants to help about updating the site. If you don't have write access to the site, I can get it for you. What I think is most important is being able to get user-generated content on the front page (like taking the news from the wiki). That really takes the load off of me to update the site.