Re: Gorm 1.0 on GNUstep site

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: Gorm 1.0 on GNUstep site
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 09:03:17 +0000

Stefan Urbanek <address@hidden>
> Can someone with CVS access to the pages add a large notice about Gorm 1.0
> here?
> http://www.gnustep.org/experience/Gorm.html

It looks like that was updated already on 29 October by gcasa.
Do you mean some new notice? I'm not using Gorm at the moment,
so can you suggest what should it say?

[...]
> p.s.: what is the progress of changing GNUstep website to some CMS?

If you mean putting it into some web application and locking
out editors like the wiki has done, the only person known to be
working on that seemed unwilling to either discuss it properly
or show their work and they seem to have gone away.

My personal TODO for the technical aspects of the site is:
 1. start using MultiViews;
 2. start using includes on all pages;
 3. update to new design when it's available;
 4. replace application database with something maintainable
(because we still don't have source code or access, as far as I
know).

Once point 1 is done, it will be easier to replace parts of
the site with application(s) as wanted. I know it's not as sexy
as junking the whole site, but I think it's more realistic.

Best wishes,
--
MJ Ray - personal email, see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/email.html
Work: http://www.ttllp.co.uk/  irc.oftc.net/slef  Jabber/SIP ask