Re: gnustep status and new ports (zaurus?

From: chuckr
Subject: Re: gnustep status and new ports (zaurus?
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 00:18:47 +0000

Aw, so that's who you are!  May I call you Andy?  You are required to swear at
me in the name of "chuckr", with that trailing "r" as in "er".  Goes for the
rest of this list, you are all officially friends.  I have some serious health
problems, which means I swing very good some days, poor others, but I am
retired due to  that, and not do to my mind going (I'm not that nuts yet!)

The only reason I pushed about the dates was because it struck me that this is
hurting your public image a little bit ... on the other hand, I tend to be
rather stubborn, and it's possible I am overreacting (I would hope I am,
really, but I don't think so).

I truly love the idea of the objc language, but even though I think that the
work that Apple hhas put into the tool shows smarts, I wish it was not any of
it private.  I recognize their perfect right to do it, I just was extremely
pleased when I found out about the gnu Foundation libs.  I want this public,
not Apple only.

My only bitch is, I understand that there's a objc++, and seeing as I feel that
objc's nicest feature is its minimalism in adding OO features, bringing in all
of C++ strickes me as a great move backwards.