Re: Site revamp

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Site revamp
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 16:59:06 -0600

On Aug 22, 2005, at 4:21 PM, Scott Stevenson wrote:

There are several elements in this design that are not represented in the GNUstep widget set, such as alpha-blended shadows, 3D artwork and bold colors. I don't think it matters, though.

The idea wasn't to mirror the current state of the GNUstep UI, but to come up with something that feels modern and appealing -- something to draw people in. A lot things go into making this happen, including the rounded edges.

Actually, if you look at the new new icons that we are developing for GNUstep there is a remarkable similarity with your new web design:

<http://www.jasperhauser.nl/projects/gnustep/>

… Note: on this page, Jasper is talking about GNUstep Étoilé icons because he misunderstood the fact Étoilé is a distinct project. He will remove the Étoilé mentions the next time he will update the page.