Re: Site revamp

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: Site revamp
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 19:15:20 +0100

Scott Stevenson <address@hidden> wrote:
>      <http://treehouseideas.com/downloads/gnustep.page>

I like it. I'm not sure we should use round-rects so much though,
as they're nearly absent from gnustep itself. Can it be cornered
a bit more sharply and made into xhtml? I'd implement it.

> The current site's biggest obstacle to success is information
> overload. I tried to address this a bit on the home page, but I think
> GNUStep in general would benefit from some *new*, highly-focused
> articles on building your first app.

Yes, you're probably right. The /stats/ information might suggest
what pages are most used and should be prioritised:
  Applications 2
  Introduction 1
  Documentation 4
  Downloads 3
  Get Help 5

The numbers are how I'd order them.

> Right now, documentation is somewhat scattered across: [...]

I'll work on merging these in some sensible way.

> What "Getting Started" really needs are 3-5 "flagship" tutorials [...]

If we ask discuss-gnustep nicely, will they suggest candidates?

Thanks for your work,
--
MJ Ray (slef), K. Lynn, England, email see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/