Re: Site, apps and CMS (Was: Re: StepTalk blog)

From: Rob Burns
Subject: Re: Site, apps and CMS (Was: Re: StepTalk blog)
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 10:00:01 +0700

On 2005-08-13 01:38:02 +0700 MJ Ray <address@hidden> wrote:

The gnustep.org site itself isn't very accessable to Joe random web surfer, as its mostly concerned with presenting GNUstep as a development framework, not something for the end user. [...]

There have been a few discussions about fixing the structure,
but it is quite an upheaval and I don't think anyone's found
the time yet. Meanwhile, we keep chipping away when we can.

I think that presenting the developer face first is a good thing.
We need more developers more than we need more users right now,
don't we?

We may not be serving new developers very well, though, as we've
not many new developers among the webmasters. Let us know specific
ideas for improving it, please.

The latter portion of the paragraph which was snipped went on to say, that having apps.gnustep.org, wiki.gnustep.org, and planet.gnustep.org would allow the main site to 'serve its narrow focus more comfortably'. what I meant is that it wouldn't need to change, with the help of some supporting sub-sections (two of which we already have, though one is underutilized). The portion you quoted was just context for the latter point.

Rob