Re: user feedback re: crappy gnustep website layout (fwd)

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: user feedback re: crappy gnustep website layout (fwd)
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 16:45:06 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004, MJ Ray wrote:

> On 2004-10-29 18:59:00 +0100 Alex Perez <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>
> > In the future, it would be wise to not assume what my personal
> > opinion on any
> > given group of individuals is when I do not state it.
>
> You are the one who called it crappy and asked whether it was OO
> programmers who created it. It would be wiser not to state what you
> don't mean.

I already conceeded that the word crappy was a poor choice, so stop
beating this dead horse into a bloody pulp, as you often feel the need to
do.

Secondly, your assertion that I "asked whether it was OO programmers who
created the website" is false, because what I actually said was "Is this
is what happens when OO programmers try to design a website? ;-)"

Clearly this pitiful attempt at humour was lost on you, even though
there's a smiley at the end of the sentence. It was meant as a joke/in
jest more han anything else, and it would serve you better in the future
to be less anal-retentive. There is, as there often is, a possible kernel
of truth in the statement. All the proposals I've seen to "improve"
GNUstep.org that I remember involve breaking things out /MORE/. This
e-mail from uli is /anecdotal/ evidence that this may in fact be a
counterproductive route. I agree with him on many of his points. If people
can't easily find installation guides, we need to fix something. There are
some fundamental flaws with the way the website is laid out (content
wise), IMHO.

In any event, I will reiterate for the sake of keeping a focused
conversation, we need to come to consensus on how we should progress with
cleaning up the website to make things easier to locate.

Cheers,
Alex Perez