Re: Objective-C Style: 1 and 2

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: Objective-C Style: 1 and 2
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 13:10:54 +0100

On 2004-10-27 05:08:16 +0100 Scott Stevenson <address@hidden> wrote:

        User: one who uses GNUstep apps
        Developer: one who writes applications using GNUstep
        Contributor: one who writes code to be included in GNUstep

I agree with this distinction, but I don't think we should run multiple sites. That's going to create at least as much duplication of purpose as we have now. We also want to encourage users to become developers and developers to become contributors.

Question: Developers and contributors are probably more willing to scroll down pages than users, but users might want to progress into developer stuff and so on. Can we agree that we should run a single information site and try to present information in the order above?

If this is agreeable, I'll start work on merging pages and redirecting removed pages. Then, I'll ask the list to consider whether the suggested menu is still appropriate and I'll put in whatever is agreed. I'd expect to ask that question within two weeks.

Yes, I'm getting back on track. Sorry for going away.

 Creative copyleft computing - http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
Will HLF fund tree-killings? http://www.thewalks.co.uk/