Re: http://gnustep.org/resources/BookClarifications.html

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: http://gnustep.org/resources/BookClarifications.html
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 13:17:38 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 address@hidden wrote:

> Good of you to put Aaron 'Hill of Gas' down. He's a charlatan of the
> first rank and his ambition to sully your name had a lot of us very
> angry.
I have mixed feelings about this. We were glad to have a chapter in such a
prominent cocoa book at all (and to have replaced the Java chapter, no
less!) but you are not the first to have claimed 'Hill o' Gas' is a
charlatan. I don't think he was intentionally out to sully our name, but
he sure wasn't very nice to us either. The mere fact that we've got a
chapter is an accomplishment, IMHO, and in the future we make take on more
relevance within that comminuty.

Evidently, before the chapter went to press, it was sent to Adam Fedor
(our project admin) for strict factual review. At the time I was unaware
of this and I do wish it had been more widely distributed because a few
outright falsehoods would have then been avoided. You can thank Greg
Casamento, the author of Gorm and the individual who put together the
BookClarifications page, for his work on reviewing the chapter.

Cheers,
Alex Perez
GNUstep.org co-maintainer