Re: http://www.gnustep.org/information/progress.html

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: http://www.gnustep.org/information/progress.html
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 15:16:12 +0100

On 2004-06-21 22:22:54 +0100 Alex Perez <address@hidden> wrote:

Also, what happened to the proposal to change the sidebar links? We could probably get rid of Progress along with that change.
Agreed. I have asked several times for instructions on how to use the templater, where teh templating code is (not all of it appears to be in template/) and I have gotten no information.

Could have sworn I emailed this before. I should put it in a README, really, sorry. You should see the entries:

#15:06 &1 x:0 gnustep/www
; ls scripts/
CVS  index.html  reframe.scm  sxmlout.ss  xhtmlfile.ss

To retemplate a secondary page, currently, one uses a command like:

./scripts/reframe.scm infile.html secondary.html.template outfile.html

...with the LGPL'd MzScheme (from http://www.plt-scheme.org/) and newBSD'd SSAX (from http://ssax.sf.net/ ) installed. I've not yet fixed the whitespace hiccough. Can you tell me whether all of the above files are in scripts for you?

Can we just switch to server-parsed shtml files? It will be so much cleaner and our three primary mirrors work fine with it, as I've re-iterated previously.

It would be nice to have a full set of dozens of mirrors, *or* move the site out of the GNU CVS and put a smaller site containing only the auto-generated documents there. To be honest, GNU are frustrating me a bit at the moment. They haven't answered about these mirror problems and now the gnu.gnustep.* uzreto hierarchy seems broken. I'll ask on gnu.misc.discuss if that's still working. Maybe someone knows what's wrong.

Unless we find out in the next day or so, maybe the best plan is to move to a shtml site for www.gnustep.org and gnustep.* mirrors with clear mirroring instructions; and leave the autodocs on www.gnu.org with some holding pages and include getting the autodocs in the mirroring instructions for gnustep mirrors. How would mirror operators feel about that?

"To be English is not to be baneful / To be standing by
the flag not feeling shameful / Racist or partial..."
                                            (Morrissey)