Re: Links to GNUstep tarballs from Package download's page seem to be br

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: Links to GNUstep tarballs from Package download's page seem to be broken.
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 16:26:46 +0100

On 2004-04-30 15:33:57 +0100 David Ayers <address@hidden> wrote:

could someone look into getting the links to the
[packages]
working?

I can't do this. The page was broken when I found it. There are too many versions of PHP and too many ways to read a simple variable from the query and use it in a function. I don't know which way to use because I don't know which version of PHP is running on wwwmain. I can't even look it up in old manuals, because I don't know which old manuals apply.

The page works on my PHP test server (more recent version, I guess). I don't have an account on wwwmain and it updates from CVS very slowly, so I can't easily test things on it. I am reluctant to add many test pages to CVS because CVS doesn't really support moving files around. I am going to delete downloads.php if I get no help and replace it with something else, not in PHP.

In summary: I hate PHP and this is a good example of why.

--
MJR/slef
My Opinion Only and possibly not of any group I know.